The objective of the Discipleship Team is maturity. They are the teaching arm of Woodland Church. The Children's Ministry is in place under the authority of the discipleship team. They are also in charge of adult Sunday School and bible studies. Their responsibilities include:
1. Organize, promote, supervise and evaluate a comprehensive Christ-based discipleship program.
2. Provide for recording attendance records.
3. Procure curriculum and teaching supplies.
4. Recruit teachers, club leaders and youth sponsors.
5. Provide training for teachers and small group leaders.
6. Provide long-range direction for discipleship ministries designated by the Board.